(Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)
Sector-81, Knowledge City, Manauli P.O, S.A.S. Nagar-140306, Punjab, India.
Advertisement No. NABI 5(01)/2011-21-07 Res
Walk In Interview
Student Internship for two months.
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under
Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalysing the
transformation of Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge
generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food
biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010,
NABI is involved in research activities for the Bio fortification, development of designer
crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food
and nutrition, and development of evidence based functional foods to counter malnutrition.
Food and nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI requires following personnel purely
on internship basis for two months as a part of Scientific Social Responsibility. The
position will not be extended beyond two months.
No. Positions Available (Temporary): - Six
Two months from date of commencement of training.
Essential Qualification: -
Students should be undergraduate in engineering or postgraduate in Science.
Candidate having chemistry/botany/life sciences/biotechnology/biochemistry background
will be preferred.
Rs. 5000/- per month Fixed
The above-mentioned positions are for following projects.
1. Development of Glycoconjugates based site directed fluorescent sensor for the
detection of bacteria CRG (Dr. Nitin K Singhal)
2. Genomics-guided exploration of polyketide synthases for sustainable production
of long chain omega-3 fatty acid via metabolic engineering (Dr. Hena Dhar)
3. Genomic approaches to reduce β-ODABP levels in Lathyras spp (Dr. Pramod K
4. Development of microalgae-based feed supplement for enhanced bioavailability
of essential micronutrients for monogastric animals (Dr. Gulshan Kumar)
5. Elucidating the role of wheat ferroporting during cellular iron homeostasis. (Dr.
Ajay K Pandey)
6. Mining non-host resistance (NHR) genes for engineering Alternaria Blight
resistance in Indian Mustard (Brassica juncea) (Dr. Sivasubramanian)
1. All interested candidates may appear for Walk-In-Interview at National Agri-Food
Biotechnology Institute located at Knowledge city, Sector-81, Mohali- 140306, Punjab on
23rd November, 2021 at 09:00 AM along-with the duly filled application form available on
the website www.nabi.res.in.
2. Incomplete application form and applications that are not in proper format may be
3. The applications should be submitted strictly as per prescribed format that can be
downloaded from the NABI website.
4. Candidates applying for more than one option can give their preference in the same
application by ticking multiple options. No need to submit separate application form for each
5. Candidates should ensure that information mentioned in application form is accurate.
Once the application form is submitted no further request regarding any changes/ information
in the application form will be considered.
6. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registration at NABI
from 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM on 23rd November, 2021.
7. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates
will not be interviewed.
8. All the candidates are requested to appear for Walk In interview with application form,
experience certificates, publications and original degree certificates and transcripts.
9. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
10. Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to
disqualification of the candidate(s).
11. Candidates should strictly adhere with guidelines issued by World Health Organization
and Centre Govt/State Govt on Covid-19.